Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Week 8- Issues and Trends: Change, Contexts, Consequences, and Constraints Revisited


Three consequences of learning about the international early childhood field:
1) Programs and practices- discovering about other countries run their programs can help us, in the United States, evaluate our programs.  It can help with changing and implementing new ideas and it can allow us to see where we have done a good job.  
2) Policy making- other countries that might have good policies for early childhood we can model our policies after it or we can know what we do not want to do.
3) Greater understanding- it is good to learn about other countries early childhood education programs because it allows all people a greater understanding of education.  We are able to examine similarities and differences and be problem solvers together.  Therefore, there is a greater chance of spreading quality early childhood education to all. 


My goal is to keep up with communication for early childhood educators.  I hope that through communication we can help more children that has ever been reached before.  I hope that through education not only for children but their families that we can begin to build a stronger voice for children who are experiencing adversity. 

4 comments:

  1. Great Post!! I enjoyed reading about what you have learned. I have learned similar things through this course as well. I too want to keep my international contacts. However, one has not made contact after several attempts :( Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby,
    I enjoyed reading your post. I also agree with you on learning from other countries about their education. This will give us new ideas that we will be able to use in the classroom.
    Good-luck! I hope to chat with you in our next course.
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Abby,
    I agree that by learning from and with other countries about their educational systems, politics, and social standards, we here in the US may be able to take the best parts of them and implement them there. It sounds like your insights about the ECE field have been stimulated during this course and I enjoyed learning about them! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Abby,
    You post each week were very informative and I enjoyed learning from your professional contacts. I think having contacts across the world is an excellent way to compare and contract various ideas and issue concerning the early childhood field. And also coming up a reasonable resolution together. Thank you for sharing Abby.

    ReplyDelete