Friday, August 17, 2012

Reflecting on Learning

My most passionate hope for early childhood is that pre-schools become more inclusive of those with varying abilities and that teachers are more open to the idea.  I know the idea is great to have this inclusive pre-school where all different types of children and families are represented, but the truth is is that is is hard.  Some students can be challenging, especially when you are trying to figure out all their uniqueness's.   My hope that is teachers use their resources, talk with the community/friends/families and remember to breath because you will figure out how you can best support the child in your classroom.

I am very impressed this semester how everyone has really jumped on board with anti-biased education.  I am proud to be apart of our learning community and I am excited that everyone will be out in our world teaching our most precious children. We are really in the home stretch now and I am sure some of you are getting ready to start up another great year hopefully with lots of new ideas and plans for your students. 

3 comments:

  1. Abby,

    I fully support your hopes for the early childhood field. It seems as if more children are being born with varying abilities of some sort. It is our job to help these children to rise to their full capability without being overwhelm ourselves. Best wishes to you as well and thanks for you valuable insight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby,

    You are absolutely right when you say that realistically, it can be stressful and difficult to serve children with varying abilities. However as you said, if we remember to reach out the the right resources, speak up and become advocates not only for the children but for ourselves we will be better able to provide a meaningful learning experience for children and their families!

    It has been great learning more about you and your thoughts and ideas on anti-bias education. I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your program!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your wish - it is a beautiful one that would indeed make the world a brighter place! I too have been encouraged by everyone in this course. It has been a joy to learn alongside you again this course. I wish you the best of luck in your journey through Walden! I hope to get to learn alongside you again!

    ReplyDelete