Saturday, February 25, 2012

Week 8- Professional hopes and goals


I hope that I will continue to reach out to all my students and families.  I am moving at the end of this school year (from the job that I love) to relocate to be closer to friends and family.  I will be moving to a urban city (Seattle) and I plan on working in the thick of everything.  This will be different from my more rural community that I am working in now.   I know that I will be working with a more diverse population and I hope that everything that I learned throughout this course I will take with me and use with all my future students and families.

My goal from early childhood is that everyone who is in the field continues to advocate for the profession.  Continued progress in advocating for all students and families will help make programs more equitable across the nation. 

I would just like to say how thankful for everyone in our program.  I feel fortunate that everyone brings such insightful posts each week.  I am happy to be apart of our early childhood culture and it is fantastic to watch everyone grow!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, Abby! I hope we meet up in a later course. If not, good luck in your move. It has been great sharing this road together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby, I agree that advocating for the early childhood profession is essential; especially in this time of core standards and ever diminishing childhood. Our children need us as much as we need them!

    ReplyDelete