Saturday, September 10, 2011

Looking abroad... finding a professional contact

Finding a professional contact in another country seems to be more difficult than I thought.  I have e-mailed over 10 people with different organizations and counties.  I used the Global Alliance and UNICEF websites.  I have not made any contacts yet, but feel I might be able to find something in a week or two.  Dr. Dartt also gave me some names of other contacts I might be able to make.  I have also e-mailed professors from my undergraduate degree to see if they might be able to lead me in a certain direction.


I really like the idea of this assignment and I hope that I am able to make some contacts to learn more about early childhood in other countries and more specifically special education.  When I was in my undergraduate I worked with a professor to learn more about special education preschool services in India.  I choose other Asian countries so that I could try and compare. 

I will be looking at the zero to three organization.  I picked this organization because I have used it before and after talking with my mother, who is a birth to five pre-school coordinator, she recommended that I could get a lot out of this site.

http://www.zerotothree.org/child-development/

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like we all had major problems finding contacts! It's a shame that an assignment that could be so beneficial be the hardest to do! Best of luck finding them!!

    I used the zero to three website for previous classes. It's a great tool to have as educators!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using the zero to three website in other classes has been extremely beneficial I enjoyed utilizing that site so I chose it as well. I hope you are able to make your out of the country connections. I look forward to hearing more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby,
    I think we all had such a hard time finding someone to contact. Luckily for me I did think of one person to use but I haven't had any luck with the second person but hopefully something will happen upon this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abby,
    It has been difficult finding a contact, but don't give up - I'm sure something will pull through for you. My contact is not in the early childhood field, but I feel I will learn a lot about Benin and the educational system in general from him. I continue pursuing leads to find a second contact - hopefully in the E.C. field.
    I look forward to hearing more about "zero to three".
    Joey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello;

    I love your blog, it is wonderful. I have not heard anything back from my contacts, but I hope to hear something soon. Zero to three is a great resource for early childhood professionals, and I use this website often for activities in my classroom. I hope to hear something soon from my contacts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abby,

    Whew! I was having some trouble posting to blogs but I got it now. I haven't heard from any of my contacts either, but here's hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Abby,
    Sorry for such a late response. I love the layout of your blog. It is so cheerful and uplifting. I can relate to the challenge it has been establishing international contacts, and like you, I sought some direction from my alma mater. I also love the idea of these assignments and learning about issues and trends around the world. Hopefully we will all find a global guide into the workings of ECE internationally :)
    Til next time,
    ~Vanessa

    ReplyDelete